Monday 17 August 2015

FLASH LIGHT INSPIRATION

I always wanted to watch Pitch Perfect, then I never did.
I saw the ads for Pitch Perfect 2, I said I was going to watch in the cinema, I never did.

Lately, so much has been going on that has made me appreciate life more, tell my friends how much I love them, hold my family and loved ones tight, give the love I have...hug as much as I want to.
I wake up at midnight to be thankful for the beautiful life I have, for the awesomeness of God I see and even for the love I get always.

Someone whose work I love, but never met in person just passed on in a painful way, I was on the tribute page but too broken to post a tribute. A beautiful soul severed by the sharp knife of a short life.

Why am I going all around with the disjointed story? 

I watched the song "Flash light" by Jessie J, the lyrics got me.
I felt like a slideshow of so many memories were going through my head.
It also inspired some flash light theme pictures.
Before I fail to mention someday, if you know me and you relate to one or more of these, you are indeed my FLASH LIGHT.

You read this post on my boring blog,

Our first chat began with “hi”,

You strengthen me with words of encouragement,

Even when I feel stupid, you go all the way to prove I am smart.

You write those lovely posts about me,

You teach me that I can be broken but not to stay broken,

You don't let me wallow in my foolishness, you correct me,

You have shown me how to love, and let me love.

You say whoever matters to me, matters to you,

You call me “sister”, you call me “best friend”,

You say “I haytchu”, just to get my attention,

I have always said I am too heavy but you once lifted an “embarrassed me” infront of my friends,

You say, “Esther don’t talk about your dreams, chase them”,

You are my big brother I never had, and in you I have found an “annoying” big sister,

You say, “call me Uncle, I am older than you”...and I say "chill Mait, it’s just one year oh!"

You hold my hand and put them in yours.

You want to hear my voice everyday, even when you don’t call, the moment we speak, you don’t forget to mention you have been thinking about me.

You stay up next to me in my bed, when I wheeze,
You have nursed me to good health,

You message me when I don’t expect, to say you miss me.

On my special day every year, you celebrate me.

You say you want to read my stories even when I feel I am not a good writer.

You hold the bus for me, while I race down the road from my room with my heavy back pack,

You love to compete with me, just so you can make me work hard,

You surprise me with gifts, things I refuse to buy for myself,

You remind me that if I read my Bible and pray, I will grow,

You believe so much in me even when I believe less in myself,

You pray for me and rub my back when I cry,
You say you are proud of me, you blow my trumpet because I am too shy to,

You say I deserve the best always,

You say I make great pictures and videos,

You say I encourage you to be the best and you look up to me,

You say “what would I do without you?”, which warms my heart all the time,

No hug feels better than your warm embrace,

Even when I say I am not sure, you say “anything for you dear”,

You say I am precious to you,

You are so honest and once said “Only Jesus truly loves you, all of us na patch patch”

You say no matter what, you love me anyway.

You are one of the reasons I smile.

You push me to strive for the best.

You love me hard...disciplined, hardworking and successful, you want me to be.

You are indeed my flash light!



"I am not afraid if the rain won’t stop, ‘cause you light the way...
I got all I need when I got you and...
I look around me, and see a sweet life
I’m stuck in the dark but you’re my flashlight
You’re getting me, getting me, through the night,
You’re my flash light". 

No comments:

Post a Comment